I’ve been using the same types of makeup for almost a year now and I love this combo that I’ve discovered. Now disclaimer: I am sooooooo not a master makeup artist, nor am I very good at any of it… but if you’re looking to fill your makeup bag with simple, no-fuss, mainly-inexpensive-drugstore-brands of makeup — all I can tell you is what I love!
These are my go-to items that are always on the bathroom counter. The whole process start to finish probably takes me about 10 minutes or less. I love the feeling of being put-together. To me, it’s not about vanity, or trying to “fix” the way my face looks… it’s about pampering myself and putting my best self forward. For now, here are the products I’ve been loving!
1. Photo loving Primer by NYX: I first discovered this as I was researching how to do my own wedding makeup and it is a game changer. I never knew what I was missing by not prepping my face with primer. It fills in my pores and makes my face a smoother canvas for foundation.
2. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue: I first heard about this stuff from Grace at Camp Patton and after she raved about it I went out to buy it that week. I haven’t stopped using it! And the tube lasts so long. It’s so light on my skin, and amazing at covering imperfections. I apply with my fingers because I’m all about quick and easy. This stuff is the real deal. It’s also the only thing I pay a lot for. This tube is over $30 but lasts months and months!
3. Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray: This is my secret weapon. One time as I was leaving a makeup store the girl asked if I wanted to try it; she said it was really popular. I guess I don’t talk to popular people because I hadn’t heard of it! Now I don’t go anywhere (fancy) without spraying this on my finished face of makeup. It’s the last step. It seals everything and keeps a matte finish on my skin. I’m obsessed.
4. Neutrogena Nourishing Long Wear eye shadow: I just needed a basic palette and didn’t want to spend a million dollars on a tray of NAKED eye shadows when all I really needed is a couple basic nudes/browns.
5. Elf eye liner and CoverGirl LashBlast Volume mascara: I’ve found that paying more for these two things isn’t really worth it to me. These two stay on all day, and I layer on the mascara to add length and volume. It’s muy bien.
6. Maybelline Master Contour Kit: I went through too many contour palettes before I found this one that works well, and is the perfect tones for my skin. They have a little instruction sticker of how to contour, but I also watched videos and read blogs and such to help master it.
You Are Enough
Don’t ever forget that okay? You are beautiful and precious and deserve good things — and I can’t tell you that enough! Look I even dedicated a side-bar-box-thing to it. God has a plan and a purpose for your life and He died and rose again because He wants to spend forever with you! Okay, read on. Important reminder over.
Join the Tribe
Get a monthly email with my favorite blog posts, updates, and fun little things from me!
Beauty & Self-Worth
“You are altogether beautiful my love, and there is no flaw in you.” Song of Solomon 4:7
This little book contains a big piece of my heart and just in case you’re not sure who should read it, I’ve compiled a short(ish) list of people I wrote it for…
From the moment we got engaged I began thinking, this is it, this is my time to finally lose lots of weight in order to look my absolute best on my wedding day. I imagined my thinner self gliding down the aisle, no rubbing thighs, no thoughts of how many inches circumference my arms were. It would be perfect because I would be perfect.