Great things about today:
1. I got to sleep in until 9!! This was such a lovely treat. We’ve had two late nights back to back this weekend making me feel like I actually am still in my 20’s. Because 20-somethings stay up ’til after midnight doing cool things, right? Instead of washing their face and climbing into bed by 8:50pm (my usual).
2. We took a nice walk with the dog to our little neighborhood coffee shop and the morning was sunny and warm and leisurely and just idyllic really. I want to bottle up memories like these and pull them out to uncork and re-live when it’s gloomy outside or in my heart.
3. I told Dan I wanted to start blogging more often (I actually said every day but I’m scared of making that commitment and then letting myself down when I’m too tired one night to write…) about losing the last chunk of weight I want to lose to get to my goal. “A sprint-to-the-finish series!” Dan said. I like that title… it can be today’s title with a caveat… there is no finish line, lifelong health is lifelong. This goal of being within my healthy BMI for my height is just a marker, a stepping stone along the way of this road that is lifelong health. I need to get there, but it’s not the end of this road.
4. I thought it’d be fun (and wise) to prep some of my fuelings for the week, so today I used this recipe with my chocolate shakes and put them in my donut pan. Which is really one of my most beloved kitchen items. It satisfies my heart’s need for morning comfort food and yet, it will also advance me to my goal. Magic, I tell you.
5. One of my favorite playlists recently is this one called “happy folk” and it’s perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up while you get stuff done around the house. That’s when I listened to it today. I hope you enjoy it too!!
6. It’s almost time for bed and I love looking back on the day and realizing that I — a) drank enough water, b) stayed 100% on track with my nutrition today, c) exercised, and d) had great prayer time at Sunday Mass. Thankful for all this and more today. There’s nothing quite like that sense of pride in a job well done… when you kept your promise to yourself to take good care of you.
You Are Enough
Don’t ever forget that okay? You are beautiful and precious and deserve good things — and I can’t tell you that enough! Look I even dedicated a side-bar-box-thing to it. God has a plan and a purpose for your life and He died and rose again because He wants to spend forever with you! Okay, read on. Important reminder over.
Join the Tribe
Get a monthly email with my favorite blog posts, updates, and fun little things from me!
“The glory of God is man fully alive.” St. Irenaeus
Here’s the good, the bad, the raw of my weight loss journey. I share this in hopes that if you see any similarities in your journey, it helps you to not feel alone. I want you to know that if I can do it, so can you. If I can get through these things… so can you.
I can blast off this list because it’s literally been the same for (about) two years now!! The thing about losing weight is that if you do it right and with the right mindset, two things happen…
These are the 4 basic principles I’ve found myself eating by during this pregnancy. I’m so glad that in the year and half prior to this, I’ve solidified the desire and love of healthy habits – which made these things come naturally to me.